Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 2 years ago

Was it right of him to publicly shame me on Instagram?

I was told from a friend of guy who I used to be friends with that he posted rude stuff about me on his Instagram stories almost everyday. Someone messaged me and they said, "Hey do you know this guy by this name? He posted some ****** up **** about you on his IG. He took a screenshot of your profile and posted it on his stories and said that you're crazy and that you need to be put away. That if you ever tried to friend any of his friends, that they should block you and call the cops." He also posted,"I had to change my number because of her." He said this because I called him day and night from a private number, and when he picked up, I never answered.

Favorite Answer

Yes. He did not defame you. He told the truth. You do sound crazy.

i dont think so, and maybe you should turn him in to cyber crime

Only this person knows why they have chosen to make these statements about you online and while your frustration/anger/confusion is valid for you, ultimately you decide how much focus you want to give this matter given you cannot change or control what is happening. If you truly feel this behavior has crossed a boundary, contact Instagram and see if the posts can be removed.

Sounds like you can dish it out but can't take it.