Grace asked in PetsCats · 3 years ago

Why does our media demonize cats and cat people?

My granny is a cat person, and she is the nicest person I know. Cats are good animals and just as capable of loving you as a dog.

lol what media have you seen demonizing cats?

The Egyptians Worshipped cat,

They have been demonised in the Media I guess

Bad Press

WTF are you talking about? I haven't seen ANY media demonizing cats.

Now cat people deserve to be demonized if they let their cats roam loose.

• Anna

I agree with you. Not all medias demonise cats but it's cause people are ignorant. You have to earn a cats love and people dont like that or dont understand it they just want love for free like my boyfriend. He's a dog lover while he does like cats but prefers dogs cause they "love" you. To be fair it's not completely his fault his parents are ignorant dog lovers who are anti cat so it's how he's been bought up. My mum on the other hand doesn't like dogs (like me) cause one jumped at her and knocked her over when she was a toddler. Cats are way better than dogs. Your granny sounds nice I'm also a cat person too. But it's basically cause people are ignorant and want love for free without having to earn it.

Cats are awesome. Dogs suck.

Not every media does.