?
? asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 3 years ago

Apparently Trump runs a "non-profit" charitable organization called the "Trump Foundation"?

May I ask why?

I mean, the guy has a long history of frauding people for profit and a reputation for greed and selfishness......

remember Trump University?....

remember all the times he cheated contractors out of their money?

You can't honestly believe this guy cares about helping people?

so why does he run a charity?

what's in it for him?

does he just sucker people into donating and then uses that money for non-charitable purposes?

Favorite Answer

Why? Tax purposes, mostly. He gets a tax deduction when he "gives" money to the "charitable organization" and then uses the money for things that wouldn't be deductible if he had paid for them directly with non-charity money.

maybe hes just trying to help people out

You just woke up

Well, lets see here,,You know absolutely nothing at all about the Trump foundation, the notion it is non profit is just what you pulled from your butt. Happens to be the same as Clinton or Obama foundation. does take donations though, and becomes foundation money,they can use it as they like.

You cannot name a single individual ever defrauded by trump,show me this history you speak of.

Trump university,,he was nothing more than key investor, he does not own or run it, never did.

Cheated contractors, BS he actually pays well for getting results. again,name such contractor.

If you can't see Trump has helped over 300 million Americans, your head is too far up your a$$.

Trump does not run anything but being president, it violates ethics laws, no president can indulge in private business while holding office.

I see you are a foreign kiddie with some chip on your shoulder, you don't like America or Trump, tough titty, you have to live with it. Only losers make argument they know nothing about, and you fail big time.

Now Anonymous has me blocked, but failed to note the NY attorney general failed that suit, it wasn't even heard. Again,not a charitable organization.

Non profit doesn't mean that you can't make money off of charity.

I used to work for a very well known charity

When they held their fundraising events they went top shelf on everything;

The best booze,the best food ,the best entertainment,the best gift bags for celebrities

That experience is why I never give money to charities

• ?

Tax breaks.

But Trump isn't such a villain as he has been made out to be.

There are many more people with whom Trump has dealt fairly, and his reputation was as a businessman - not greed and selfishness. Everybody tries to make money. Just because he chose entrepreneurship and had a head start doesn't make him any worse than you or me. I mean, we're allowed to be jealous, but... well he donates more and pays more in taxes (which are used charitably if we gwt what we vote for) than most people, even more than most people donate by percentage.

So... I mean, what if you become rich and don't gove everything away... so what?

Fraud and tax deductions.

• Jeff

Trump and fraud go hand in hand like a horse and buggy.

Trump accused in lawsuit of misusing charitable foundation

The Donald J. Trump Foundation 'was little more than a checkbook for payments from Mr. Trump or his businesses to nonprofits, regardless of their purpose or legality,' New York's Attorney General said.

New York's attorney general sued President Donald Trump and his foundation Thursday, accusing him of illegally using the charity's money to settle disputes involving his business empire and to boost his political fortunes during his run for the White House.

Yes