digis asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 3 years ago

English speakers, could you help me?

I have to translate a paragraph about a castle history into English but I'm not an English speaker and I'm not sure if it sounds grammatically correct. Could someone take a look at say if the sentences below sound ok?

All the private property of the family, including the castle, was seized by the Tsarist government. Left without its owners, the castle saw little preservation efforts from a series of its changing administrators and in time it became increasingly decrepit.

• Laurie
    Favorite Answer

"efforts" should be singular: "effort"

"in time" should be enclosed in commas

I would change "saw" to "received".

I would omit the words "a series of" and "changing".

All the private property of the family, including the castle, was seized by the Tsarist government. The castle thus had no owners, and little was done, by a series of administrators, in the way of preservation work. In time, the castle became increasingly decrepit.

• God

All the private property owned by the family, including the castle, was seized by the Tsarist government. The castle saw little maintenance performed by a series of administrators and in time became increasingly decrepit.