Thomas asked in TravelAir Travel · 3 years ago

How to cancel a flight with using a refundable purchase?

So right now I m in a tough situation. My mother bought tickets for me and her to go to britian to visit my gf. Unfortunately she broke up with me before the flight which is in October. My mom tried to cancel the flights because she got a package where she could cancel it and get a refund. Unfortunately we cannot get a refund and we arent sure of what to do. We were going to fly with virigin atlantic. Please help us get out of this or give us some tips

And this is why long distance relationships rarely work

If you really want to cancel, try calling the airline during normal operating hours. But in my opinion, you should still go and enjoy the trip with your mom. What was she going to do anyways when you were with your gf?

You don't need to stay out of a country, just because you don't want to see ONE person.

Go on holiday with your mom and enjoy it.

Most airlines will give you a credit toward another flight within the same year. In my opinion, you should go anyway. Britain is a fabulous place. I've gone with my daughter and we had a really good time. There's lots to do.

And next time, beware of internet relationships.

MAKE UP YOUR MIND/

You should read the details BEFORE purchase.

Refund is available under certain conditions.

YOU DID NOT meet them..

you may be able to use the value towards a future flight

If your ticket purchase was from a travel agent, you should contact them

In that situation it is not an AIRLINE issue.

https://www.virginatlantic.com/refunds/refundsHome...

she got a package means what Hotel rooms, car rental, bus train tickets?

THE package is not the Airlines problem.The place your purchased the package is the place that can issue a refund , give it in cash or in credit for future use.

NO ONE here can guess the details of your purchase agreement. READ IT.

At this point in time you have a booked vacation for October. Your destination place has many things to see and do other than your girlfriends bedroom. Explore you might meet another girl you and mom like.

Most of the time the refund is for a death, illness, lawsuit, accident, something that is beyond your control. You need to read the rules and see what they say. Why not go with your mother to GB and NOT see your girl friend and see the sites instead?

You have to call the Keebler cookie company believe it or not