Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 3 years ago

I need to make a finger food recipe for a church party. Any ideas?

Nothing seafood related . It needs to be enough for 40 people. Something that doesn’t require utensils for eating and no desserts, beverages, or chicken fingers.

Favorite Answer

Cucumber sandwich appetizers.

8 oz. spreadable cream cheese

1/4 c. sour cream

1 pkt. Italian dressing mix

Mix until blended.

Spread on pumpernickel party bread and top with thin slices of cucumber. 🥒

• ?

My mom makes it simple, tiny sausages in barbeque sauce with toothpicks. Me, I like wings. A vegetable medley works. I'm a sucker for tortilla chips and salsa. Cater to your people's tastes. I've had some good meatballs. Some form of pizza works.

• kswck2

You might be best off with finger sandwiches. Cut off the crust and slice diagonally.

Guacamole with chips.

I have a zuchini thing I make, it’s a bit of work but they get RAVES and are delicious and healthy.

I get a bunch of zuchini that are all about the same size, maybe 1-1/4 inches or so thick.

I bring a very large pot of salted (salty as the ocean) water to a full rolling boil.

While the water is heating I wash/dry and zuch and slice them to an even 1/2 inch thick.

In small batches I blanch the zuchini, usually for about 1-1/2 - 2 minutes, I time it. I want to make them a teeny bit tendered but still be firm. Try doing a couple and testing them. They should still have a bit of crunch. When I scoop the zuchini out of the boiling water they IMMEDIATELY get dropped into a huge bowl of ice water to stop the cooking, then get laid out on paper towels to dry.

I line my big baking sheets with foil, smear them with a bit of olive oil and evenly space the zucchini on them, about 1/2 inch apart.

Then I put 1/2 tsp or so of (my homemade) pesto on top of each one, top that with a slice of cherry tomato (I buy or grow the elongated ones like Juliet for slicing) then put an X of parm reggiano cheese cut into fairly thick matchstick pieces on the top.

Once all the zuchini have been stacked like that pop the whole sheet under a broiler til the zuchini are heated through and the cheese has melted and is starting to bubble and brown a little. This happens quick, don’t take your eyes off them.

These can be assembled up to 24 hours ahead of time, covered with plastic wrap and carried to an event and popped into a broiler right before you serve them. I typically just pull them out of the broiler and put the foil wrapped sheet pan out with the zucchini on it. These don’t last long enough to bother putting them onto another dish.

I have never, ever taken these to a dinner or event where the were not a sensation. Homemade pesto is best (I make mine with about 1/3 the oil of regular pesto) if you have to buy it be sure it is made with fresh and not dried basil.

A lot of work, yes. A true “show off” finger food, absolutely. And almost the best part is they are absolutely healthy and nutritious.

My favorites are deviled eggs, pigs in a blanket, and mini chicken salad sandwiches made with Pepperidge Farm party bread. If you're in charge of making just one, do the deviled eggs. They ALWAYS go fast.

• denise

Cheese straws / pinwheels, Stoned dates filled with cream cheese or marzipan, Rolls of salami + pearl onions on cocktail sticks, Mini cheese scones, Ritz crackers + Pate, Devilled eggs, fresh-fruit kebabs with a dip, mini stuffed mushrooms, Cake / marshmallow pops, Choc dipped strawberries,

Crudites and dip or hot dogs on buns.

• Cara

Why not small sandwiches with various fillings? Cream cheese and cucumber, egg mayonnaise, cheese and chutney, tuna and salad, etc.

Meatballs that you could skewer with toothpicks and a few sauces for dipping. Pigs in a blanket, some with cheese,some with out.