Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 3 years ago

That question about Rev 7:9 is all wrong. Where is the word that would include "Jews" and though Gentes is Gentiles it is not pagans?

and if Jews aren't in the list then non-Jews isn't either. Just me thinkin

It speaks of a great crowd out of every nation and tongue which means it open to everyone who accept salvation from God through Jesus.

New World Translation

Re 7:9

After this I saw, and look! a great crowd, which no man was able to number, out of all nations and tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, dressed in white robes; and there were palm branches in their hands. 13 In response one of the elders said to me: “These who are dressed in the white robes, who are they and where did they come from?” 14 So right away I said to him: “My lord, you are the one who knows.” And he said to me: “These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the lamb (Jesus Christ).

Matthew 24:21 for then there will be great tribulation such as has not occurred since the world’s beginning until now, no, nor will occur again. 22 In fact, unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved; but on account of the chosen ones those days will be cut short. Revelation 7:14 is speaking about the survivors of the great tribulation.

Your question makes no sense, the tribe are from Israel, but they are not alone

The Great Multitude in White Robes

9 After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands.

After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

A great multitude - This appears to mean the Church of Christ among the Gentiles, for it was different from that collected from the twelve tribes; and it is here said to be of all nations, kindreds, people, and tongues.

Clothed with white robes - As emblems of innocence and purity. With palms in their hands, in token of victory gained over the world, the devil, and the flesh.