Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 3 years ago

what would happened if I refused to do the army's drug abuse program?

I'm being chaptered for popping hot by smoking. it's just weed and I think going to this program is pointless what would happened if I declined it?

Favorite Answer

You will be kicked out without an honorable discharge which means no GI Bill benefits of any kind. If on the other hand you do and complete their drug treatment program there is a slight chance you will be retained and and even allowed to reenlist if you want to when the time comes or get out with an honorable discharge.

You'd be kicked out, probably after doing time in a military jail. Saying "it's just weed" shows a huge disrespect for military laws, and rules. Refusing a legal order is also a bad thing. If you are incorrigible, they won't want you.

Court Martial LEAPS to mind.

Of course that would require you were actually IN the Army.

refuse?? You cannot refuse an order

nothing they will boot you anyway

If you pissed Hot and your CO refers you to ASAP and you refuse treatment automatic grounds for Admin Separation from the Army.

Source(s): Former UPL.

You could get a dishonorable discharge, you know.