The IG report says that there was at least and appearance of political bias at the FBI, and possibly actual bias. Do libs now accept that?

report, as they were claiming they would?

“In particular, we were concerned about text messages exchanged by FBI Deputy Assistant Director Peter Strzok and Lisa Page, Special Counsel to the Deputy Director, that potentially indicated or created the appearance that investigative decisions were impacted by bias or improper considerations,” the IG report said.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Nathan
    Lv 6
    3 years ago

We need to move on already. Comey is a snake, but this story is mute now.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

Sure, because the report also shows that it was just isolated members who had bias and that there was no consotiscy to undermine Trunp.

• Sally
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

No. It says that despite personal political opinions, there is NO evidence that bias affected any investigations. Do you have trouble reading?

• ?
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

Yes, a clear bias for the GOP and against Hillary, you kinda sorta left that part out Bubba.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 years ago

The FBI as a whole isn't biased, but Comey, Rosenstein and Strzok - the highest ranking FBI agents - are beyond biased and have no business in the FBI.

• Juana
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

"potentially indicated" is hardly a damning indictment.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

Actually you contradict your own quote:

What you said: there was at least an appearance of political bias

What the report Actually said: potentially indicated or created the appearance that investigative decisions were impacted by bias or improper consideration"

So it was not "the appearance of political bias"

It was "potentially indicating or creating the appearance of bias".

Those are two very different things.

But Let's make a deal. I will accept it If you accept "potentially indicating or creating the appearance" of financial or election crimes by Trump by Robert Mueller as legitimate grounds for impeachment. Let me know what you think.

I suspect that you would not accuse trump of anything if all Mueller found was "potentially indicating or creating the appearance" of wrongdoing. I suspect you would claim that Trump was exonerated.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

Kind of ridiculous to judge an entire organization of 30,000 people based upon one email from one employee. Fire that employee, rinse, and continue. Investigate something that we should really be worried about.

OK, I at least accept that there was at least an appearance of bias.

• 3 years ago

Comey and his house of clowns have a ton of explaining to do. There is in the texts evidence of bias.

• 3 years ago

Actually, the report very specifically stated that Comey was NOT motivated by political bias. Nice try at Fox-like spin though.

"But Horowitz concluded that the prosecutorial decisions in the Clinton case were "consistent" with precedent and not affected by bias or other improper actions."

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.