Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationInsurance & Registration · 3 years ago

Who's at-fault here?

I was entering a restaurant parking lot when a car that was parked on the right suddenly pulls out and hits the front right side of my car with the middle of her bumper. She hit me so hard it jolted my car and hurt my back.

Called the police but he refused to take a report saying he couldn't since it's private property. Is this true? And when the lady handed me her insurance card it was expired and for a different vehicle but again the cop said it wasn't a big deal which seemed weird to me cause I know people who got ticketed for that. Cop seemed buddy buddy with her and even tried to blame me!!!!

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 years ago

That figures. Report the accident anyway to your state DMV and tell them she had no insurance. That should get her license suspended

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

Call your insurance company.

• 3 years ago

This is why I have cameras all over my car - and a good lawyer - who would take that person who hit you for every dime she has.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

Cops never,,,,never,.....ever find fault due to an accident . They cannot ,.........Only insurance companies do that, Simply report this to to your insurance company and they will handle the entire matter, That is why you have insurance,,,,, USE IT !

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

The law enforcement officer was correct, they do not write accident reports which occur on private properly.

Secondly, even if you were on public property law enforcement officials do not determine fault of motor vehicle accidents. Only insurance providers do. Submit your claim to your insurance provider and wait to find out their determination.

• 3 years ago

No idea who is at fault. Once your insurance is done with their investigation they will tell you. And yes, police don't need to do private property reports.

• On private property, it's every man for himself. The rules of the road don't apply and the police can only get involved if a felony is committed. If you sue her, you would need to prove recklessness.

• 3 years ago

The cop was at fault. I hope you got all the information needed to let your insurance company handle the problem.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

It's her fault, you had right of way.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.