Why are guys so angry about other guys being feminine?

I was on an app called iFunny, and there was a comedic video which featured a boy in makeup and a wig doing an impression of Kim Kardashian. The video was funny, but in the comments section there were hundreds and hundreds of comments calling him terrible names and saying he was disgusting and should die. I’m a gay guy who likes to wear makeup, like foundation, contouring, and every once in a while lipstick. I talked to some of the commenters, and they were even more hostile to me! None of them could give an actual reason as to why they were against feminine boys. Why are so many guys so homophobic and against boys wearing makeup?

Favorite Answer

Toxic masculinity

If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen. You are either going to have to own what you are doing and not worry about naysayers. Or, give it up. Anything posted on the 'net is wide open for anyone and everyone to have their say. About 95 percent of them are ticked off and angry, for whatever reason. You cannot change people's views. Case closed.

No