I want family to join me for dinner for my bday. I need advice for my text so they expect to pay.I always paid for myself at bday dinners.?

Favorite Answer

Just say that like you told us- that you are inviting people to go to dinner with you for your birthday if they want to, but everyone has to pay for their own meal. I doubt that anyone will be too upset about it- personally, I always assume that I have to pay for my own meal when I go out with others unless it’s just my husband or they tell me otherwise.

It's your b day and you have to be the one to ask your family to join you for dinner? That really sucks. You'd think they would invite YOU out if it's your b day. If I were you, I would just leave it. If they can't even be bothered to do anything for your birthday, then why should you be making the effort? When you try to organize your own birthday celebration it just makes you look pathetic. Don't do that.

If you invite people to have dinner with you, then it's on you to pay. That's just how it works. If someone else invites you, they pay. So you'll have to wait for an invitation if you want a free meal.