Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 3 years ago

Do you think that the 5,000 at HP who are losing their jobs believe that Trump is a "great jobs president"?

HP Inc., the world’s largest personal-computer maker, increased its planned job cuts to 4,500 to 5,000 employees

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-06-05...

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Smurf
    Lv 7
    3 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Absolutely Not

• 3 years ago

Since there are currently more jobs available than workers, yes.

• 3 years ago

Probably not but there are factories that shut down when Obama was president too. Not sticking up for Trump but nor do I think it appropriate to blame him every time I stub my toe.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

It is HPE which was selling services not HP equipment. It was a venture into a sector where they only had one solution and their competitors had many. This is a business unit failure in a service that is strong and growing.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 years ago

Yawn. So basically what you are saying is that we should look at one company and not the overall job numbers?

Based upon this question and only this question, you are too stupid to tie your own shoe.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

no but the 3 people who go t jobs on the pipeline like him and thats all he is looking at so whats the deal?

• Bob
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

Carrier was an even bigger fail, after giving them 7 million they still closed the plant and laid off the people. What about coal, now he wants the rest of us to subsidize coal. pour more money into a dying industry when the Trump Admin stopped retraining.

• 3 years ago

Read your own article. Most of those job losses were projected "as part of a reorganization unveiled almost two years ago." This meant HP was failing back when Obama was President.

The article says that they've updated their projections to include about 1,000 more job cuts.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.