Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 3 years ago

If the Constitution only applies to US citizens, why does it matter if illegal immigrants are stored in dog cages?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 years ago

They're not, and we have human rights here in the US.

• gerald
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

you are supposed to be god all humans are your children even when they go astray like Russians

• 3 years ago

They would not fit.

• Sally
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

Is this a serious questions or was it asked by a 7-year-old?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 years ago

PORCODIO

• Ranger
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

The Constitution specifically says it applies to "everyone in America". It does not state citizens only. Years ago, The Supreme Court ruled that once a person was on American Soil, the constitution applies to them regardless of citizenship or not.

That's why it is important for the Coast Guard to catch illegals before they reach American soil. If caught at sea, they get returned without any hearings or detention. Once the illegals are "Boots Dry" on American Soil, the constitution applies.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

We have agreements with the UN stating we will treat other humans humanly. That being said we can and should imprison them until we can send them back to their countries. I don't think their children should be separated from parents but I also don't think they should be put in adult prisons. Perhaps an internment camp like we did the Japanese during WW2

• 3 years ago

If it doesn't bother or impact citizens, it doesn't matter.

I have no problem with Obama keeping immigrants in cages.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.