Why did the cops take my phone, they took it but said I can have it back after a week?

Somebody hit me and I was in an accident, their insurance company accepted liability and she was at fault and I didn't do anything wrong.

The cops found some weed on me and a trash bag full of leaves and stems.

They charged me with possession of marijuana but because I freaked out about that they thought I was on another drug and gave me a DUI-D.

Anyways, I wasn't on any drugs so I'm not worried about that but I'm just wondering why the cop said he has to keep my phone for a week?

You are STILL incompetent, even for a troll.

NONE of this happened.

You had a trash bag full of leaves and stems and you and I know that is trash but the police might have also known that but can easily use it to "demonstrate" or justify that you had a large enough quantity to be a "drug dealer". That might justify taking your phone.

It's evidence.. they are looking to see if your texts involve selling or buying drugs.

• ?

They go through your phone records and text messages for information about your activities.

They will go over everything in your phone with a fine tooth comb.

so they can find all your drug dealers