Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesChicago · 3 years ago

Why don't more rich people in chicago give to panhandlers?

Why can't they just understand that not everyone has parents that can provide them with things like food and hygiene until they get a job offer, whenever I hear about a. Mugging that happened in the gold coast on the news, its hard for me to give the least bit of a ****, because I've experienced just how awful most of those people really are

• drip

Many are not homeless

Many make good money go home to the suburbs.

Many buy alcohol and drugs with the money the get.

Many people give money and/or direct to homeless shelter. Women’s can children’s shelters. Or veteran shelters. Our church has a fund that we donate to for the homeless

Just because you don’t see them give change to a panhandler on the streets doesn’t mean they don’t help the homeless or needy. They could be funding shelters and charities that work wiht the homeless,

I prefer to dontate to US veterans in need, There are a lot of charities and people who need help.

It shouldn't really concern you what other people do with their money. If you give to panhandlers, great! That is your choice to make. Instead of cursing wealthy people for choosing not to give to panhandlers why not curse everyone who does not give money to panhandlers? Shouldn't your ire encompass the issue of homelessness and not a specific sect of society? Are you hoping perhaps that wealthy people can eliminate homelessness by giving more of their money to organizations that work with the homeless? If that is the case, which organizations should they support? How much should they give?

I don't give money to panhandlers, because I have to use that money on the Crappuccino @ Starbucks.

Same reason most people don't give to panhandlers around the world.

1. It just encourages more to show up, clogging the sidewalks, harassing people, etc.

2. Many just want money for drugs or alcohol. They don't actually want "help", they want to get high.