Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 3 years ago

Do you think it is disrespectful to read fanfiction?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Do you think it is disrespectful to read fanfiction?

I think it can go either way.

~Peanuts2345

• Naomi
    Lv 6
    3 years ago

No

• 3 years ago

No.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

No

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 years ago

In what way would it be disrespectful?

• Marli
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

I would not think it is "disrespectful" to Read fanfiction.

I think it is disrespectful to the creator of the original story / show to take and twist the characters of another person's story, in order to Write a fanfiction. I don't think it is disrespectful to write a fanfiction or a parody to be shared for free among friends and fans of the original work, as long as the characters are true to the characters as written by the creator in the original works. (I mean: If a character is portrayed as a "good guy" in the original novels, the fanfiction writer should not turn him into a "bad guy", if the creator of the character did not reveal him to be bad, hypocritical and a manipulator.) The character is who he is in the original work because the author of the original work wanted to express something through him.

It's disrespectful [as well as illegal] to Publish for profit an author's story [fanfiction or not], without the author's and publisher's permission ["Author" including the executor of his literary estate if the deceased author's works is still in copyright.] It is certainly disrespectful and illegal to claim the story or characters as your own original story.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

Well i have been reading about MCLENNON recently, and it made me feel bad - my consience told me to reject this scum, so i have now given upreading other peoples crap about mccartney and lennon which is probably not even true!

• 3 years ago

Only if it's being read on Wattpad.

• 3 years ago

no

• 3 years ago

No, I don't think it's disrespectful

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.