Owen asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 3 years ago

One of my female friends just asked me to attend her Hooters bikini pageant. Should I attend and why?

A few weeks ago, my female friend was giving her followers on Instagram an early notice on a post about her pageant so that people will not forget. As time as passed, her followers have commented on her post telling her if they will be able to attend. Right now, it is about five days before her pageant and she saw that I have not commented on her post to say if I am able to attend. As a result, she messaged me and asked if I was coming. I told her I was not sure and she told said that it was going to be fun and that I will meet a lot of people. She also told me that it will mean a lot if I attended to support her. She gave me some time to think and I am wondering whether it will be worthwhile to attend. I feel that it will be an awkward situation as I will see a lot of girls in bikinis. At the same time, I would feel bad for not being present and be entirely disloyal for my friend. Right now, the question is whether it will be worthwhile for me to attend in the first place. What do you all think? Should I attend the pageant and why?

If it does not sound like fun, don't do it. If it does but just a bit awkward- then just decide to do it or not.

It doesn’t sound like you want to go so why bother. But do reply back and tell her no.

In the worst case it'll be a memorable experience that you'll be able to talk about. It will be a story to tell. Go.

• rac

If you are uncomfortable being in room with bikini clad women, then you should not attend. Tell her that you don't feel that it is proper for women to parade around in bikinis in front of many luring men and that you would feel uncomfortable seeing her that way as well as seeing all the other women that way. You feel such displays are immoral and you would prefer not to think of women dressed that way. I think she will respect your moral feelings. If not, you will probably lose her friendship. Do not despair, you will find another girl friend who will have your same moral feelings. I know that my wife would not want me to attend such an event. Of course she would not participate in such an event either.

Your choice.

Source(s): my moral opinion

As a guy I would be more then happy to attend this pageant if you are unable to attend.

Don't feel guilted into going somewhere you don't want to actively be. Just politely decline.