Is it only girls who get hysterical over getting shots or blood draws?

All the stories I hear from nurses or see on the internet are about girls, not guys. Nobody "likes" needles, but how do you progress from that to screaming and having to be tied down just for a pin prick?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Hello Alexander,

You obviously have done no research into this.

There are many, many men who are terrified at the sight of a needle, blood and having blood taken for tests.

Many of them simply faint at the sight of blood and/or the needle.

I have often found that it is the big muscular guy who is the one who is affected.

Poseidon

• ?
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

I don't get hysterical over shots or blood draws... people who do this have issues, i guess... i find them strange.

• 3 years ago

I'm a guy and I've always hated needles

• 3 years ago

No

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 years ago

nope when we were in basic once I saw this great big character, well over 6 feet, go absolutely hysterically nuts when they told him he had to get a shot

I was like, dude, you signed up for a service where you could get your whole damn a ss blown apart with like bullets and explosives and stuff..

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

I am was a phlebotomist and got more crying men then I did women.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

I, a girl, am not afraid of needles or shots. I thankfully never had a problem with them.

I think many people get scared, both genders, not girls because who wants something sharp poking them?

I think it comes down to pain tolerance, not gender. Anxiety about needles play a role, too.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.