Im thinking of going vegan..I m all about convenience..?

I m wondering if I can do a green smoothie for breakfast and an amys kitchen vegan meal for lunch and dinner with vegan healthy snacks. I want to lose weight and stop consuming animal products

It depends on your region.

If you live in a large city, then it is very easy. Whole Foods practically caters to vegans, as wells as quite a few more reasonably priced grocery stores. Almost every town or city has SOMETHING for vegetarians and vegans alike - especially in more liberal states.

It is also easy, for the most part, to go into almost any restaurant and "scavenge" the menu for something, whether it be rice, vegetables, pastas, or even some desserts.

Almond milk is a great substitue, and often better than soy milk (except Starbucks - whenever ordering coffee as a vegan at Starbucks, order soy...their almond milk tastes very weird).

Then, the vegan restaurants are an absolute joy. They are a little more expensive, but almost across the board, they use non-GMO, organic/natural, cruelty-free/fair-trade, and often local ingredients, so it tastes extremely fresh, while the vibe of these places if very open minded, accepting, and harmonious (and a little bit hippie like).

Even if you don't want to take the full leap, a good transition is being a vegetarian whom often indulges in vegan food.

Good luck, it really makes you feel amazing!

have porriage with oat milk for brekkkie

• hgood

You must be a lazy cow

• kswck2

You would be better off creating your own meals as pre made Vegan products range from down right nasty to way too expensive. But that is a learning process. Just try and concentrate of Fresh foods. Summer is coming, the availability of Fresh is more prevalent now.

Sounds OK to me.

Just remember that cutting out too much fat from your diet will make you ill.

Add coconut & olive oil to salads.

Add avocado to smoothies.

Don't eat less than 1,200 calories per day.

Good luck with your dietary journey.

There is nothing convenient about being a vegan. Try it for a month and see.

• Daisy

You need to look at the calories you'll be consuming.

For instance Amy's Paella Bowl (vegan) only has 280 calories. A can of her chilie may be good, but it's about the same. Pretty low cal for an entire meal.

Vegan or not, you still need to be consuming 1800-2000 calories a day.

• Louis

Yes You Can.

The internet is full of easy vegan recipes. In fact, I have an e-book the title of which is easy vegan recipes. There are even a few youtube channels devoted to the topic. My Favorite is Cheap Lazy Vegan.

One of the things you want to incorporate is assembly line cooking or bulk meal prep. This takes a bit of effort and time to get started. but once you know get used to it, its ends up saving you a lot of time.

For example, instead of making green smoothies for breakfast one at a time, make 2 quarts all at once. Then you can put them in jars or tumblers. Keep a couple in the frig and freeze the rest. You can even take a frozen one to work with you and drink it when it defrosts.

there is also a cool mental benefit (at least for me). It's easier for me to skip an unhealthy meal or snack if I know I have a healthy one pre-made and waiting for me.

Amy's is a pretty good brand. A lot of their stuff is just vegetarian but I know they have a few vegan meals. and I think it makes a lot of sense to stock up on them when they are on sale. They certainly are good "emergency' meals. But prepared meals are NOT a good "everyday" option. They are too expensive and they lack a lot in the nutrients department.

For the longest time, I didn't' think salads were a good "brown bag" lunch option. Until i saw a co-worker do it almost every day of the week. The trick is to buy pounds of veggies at the grocery store. My grocer stocks loose leaf spring mix and spinach. I just get a couple of pounds of each. And cherry tomatoes. I open a can of peas, beans, and corn and keep them in the frig and add 2 tbsp of each to my salad. I also pre-mix my salad toppings. sunflower seeds, almond slivers, soy nuts, pine nuts. The only thing I usually slice or chop up is cucumber and maybe shred some carrots. Keep your salad dressing separate in a little jar and bring a roll or some crackers. I can make my salad in the time it takes my coffee to brew.

and don't go for a little dinner salad but like a one quart salad. These salads can have a ton of nutrients and be really filling. And low calorie too. Be careful with your salad dressing and you can stay under 400 calories.

Make ten PB&J sandwiches at once and put them back in the bread bag and freeze them. Make 2 quarts of burrito filling and make a dozen burritos and freeze them too. These are a great back up meals for breakfast or lunch.

Make all your snacks, veggies, or fruits or nuts.

Good luck.

Veganism is the devil.