What are some differences between a hotel and a B&B (Bed & Breakfast)?

I have a few questions about Bed & Breakfasts (B&B):

Do they offer free WiFi?

Do the staff clean the rooms, change the towels , toilet sheets and shampoos everyday?

Do they have hair drier?

Do they have refrigerator or minibar in each room?

Are they as clean as hotels?

Thanks

5 Answers

Relevance
  • MS
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

All of your questions will depend on the particular B&B. Some offer those amenities and some do not. You'd have to research or contact the ones you are considering to find out.

B&Bs are usually smaller than hotels, are usually privately run, and are usually run out of transformed homes, apartments, or other similar pieces of property. They usually have a more "home-like" feel to them. Breakfast is generally a home-cooked meal, often served family-style at a particular time each day.

• stan l
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

1. Some do, some don't.

2. Most do, some don't.

3. Most do, some don't.

4. Some do, most don't.

5. Most are, some aren't.

• John
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

B&B's are either older homes or mansions. There's one here that's an out of service lighthouse. So the feel of the place is usually like having a bedroom at gramma's more than 10th floor room #1098. If there is food it will usually be a communal dining room with hours of service for each meal. Amenities will be whatever each place provides. There are some nearby here (here is San Francisco) that are considered "retreats" so they purposefully don't have Wifi or even TV.

• 3 years ago

if you hire a B&B room you can also find a inhabited ditry room full of junks

at last this is what i found many times

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Sandy
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

B&Bs are, for the most part, individually owned. The amenities offered will vary from one to the other.

You would need to contact each business to find out what they offer.

The staff cleans and changes the linens. It might or might not be every day if the same people are staying in the same room for more than one night.

Not all have refrigerators or minibars in the rooms but some will let guests share space in a common refrigerator.

The several I've stayed in have been as clean, or cleaner, than some hotel rooms I've seen.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.