Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 3 years ago

Are we all born atheists?

22 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 years ago
    Favorite Answer

No, that's atheist propaganda. Atheism is a position on a concept. No one can reject a concept they've never heard of.

• CC
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

Since the definition of an atheist is one who has no beliefs in god/s, we are all born that way. It is only later in life where some of us start to believe in god/s, depending on what we learn from our parents or other influences.

• 3 years ago

Technically yes... But in the same sense that rocks and mushrooms are atheists... They don't have the capacity to have an opinion and babies don't either.

• 3 years ago

I think so. Religion is learned behavior.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 years ago

When you can show me a baby that was squirted out of its mothers vagina, screaming, “I’m an atheist”, youll have a case.

When you can show me a baby that was squirted out of its mothers vagina, screaming, “I’m a ‘christian ”, youll have a case.

I’m waiting.

One or the other.

• 3 years ago

No, I think rather the opposite. We're all born with a lack of worldliness or understanding, and attribute effects to inaccurately-defined causes. I think we grow out of that and come to deeper realizations eventually.

Those deeper realizations can include a better understanding of theology and its function. Not necessarily so for everyone, but an intellectual component of theology is there if one is willing to actually consider it.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

Yes

• 3 years ago

In a sense, but not a very meaningful one.

• 3 years ago

An atheist is a person that does not believe deities exist.

With this definition, the answer is yes.

(An atheist may or may not hold a "belief" that deities do not exist. An important difference.)

If you consider an atheist to be a person that has made the "decision" that he does not believe deities exist, the answer is no.

• 3 years ago

No.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.