Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 3 years ago

Are we all born atheists?

Favorite Answer

No, that's atheist propaganda. Atheism is a position on a concept. No one can reject a concept they've never heard of.

• CC

Since the definition of an atheist is one who has no beliefs in god/s, we are all born that way. It is only later in life where some of us start to believe in god/s, depending on what we learn from our parents or other influences.

Technically yes... But in the same sense that rocks and mushrooms are atheists... They don't have the capacity to have an opinion and babies don't either.

I think so. Religion is learned behavior.

When you can show me a baby that was squirted out of its mothers vagina, screaming, “I’m an atheist”, youll have a case.

When you can show me a baby that was squirted out of its mothers vagina, screaming, “I’m a ‘christian ”, youll have a case.

I’m waiting.

One or the other.

No, I think rather the opposite. We're all born with a lack of worldliness or understanding, and attribute effects to inaccurately-defined causes. I think we grow out of that and come to deeper realizations eventually.

Those deeper realizations can include a better understanding of theology and its function. Not necessarily so for everyone, but an intellectual component of theology is there if one is willing to actually consider it.

Yes

In a sense, but not a very meaningful one.

An atheist is a person that does not believe deities exist.

With this definition, the answer is yes.

(An atheist may or may not hold a "belief" that deities do not exist. An important difference.)

If you consider an atheist to be a person that has made the "decision" that he does not believe deities exist, the answer is no.

No.