Why are conservatives such extreme cop apologist?

Cops routinely violate Citizens Constitutional rights, especially minorities of the lower socioeconomic class. Honestly, I doubt the every day cop is even intelligent to know anything about the constitution

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 years ago

You can't say they do that because they're cops...They do it because they're imperfect and even corrupt human beings. Saying cops are bad just because they're cops is no better than saying someone is bad because of their skin color... your profession doesn't predetermine how good or bad of a person you are.

• 3 years ago

I don't always support police and can think of numerous examples of police behavior that really shocked me. But there are also plenty of examples where they did nothing wrong, and people get upset anyway, because they don't understand their rights under the law. Cops don't need to know the Constitution's principles to uphold the laws for which it is the foundation. It would be better, but it's not required.

Source(s): Conservative
  • 3 years ago

Black Murderers violate people's basic constitutional right to life, especially other blacks. Why are you such apologists for them? To each his or her own.

• 3 years ago

The average cop has likely had at least one course on such things.

Which is more than the average citizen, unless we count potheads complaining as a seminar.

Yet that is off topic.

What it comes down to is conservatives see policemen as protecting them from black people. So they blindly support all police actions as being a white vs. black thing.

This of course only goes for local cops, who are frequently corrupt.

The minute it is a federal cop. They view it as "they're trying to stop are local cops from doin' what needs a doin'."

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 years ago

Here is a potential solution.

the Left stops being apologists for their criminally inclined voter base, and cons will stop being apologists for law enforcement.

Deal?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.