iPhone 7 not charging following previous toilet plunge and dodgy USB cord- coincidence or water damage?

My apple charger has always been a little dodgy and decides to charge when it wants to (on brand charger that came with my device). I dropped my iPhone 7 plus in the toilet about three days ago. It had, had no side effects, glitches, or any noticeable damage and was charging completely fine. Last night it randomly decided to stop charging. I have tried all of my off brand chargers, although I know that apple is picky with their chargers, and my one on brand charger with no luck. I suppose what I'm asking is, do you think this is just a coincidence and the charger finally gave out? Or is it normal to experience water damage effects several days following the incident.

I still have yet to see a phone be submerged and work 100% , I would start looking for a replacement. I got mine from this discount store called Best deal in town check them http://bestdealdenver.com/

• P

Water can take many days to dry once it's gotten inside the phone. It could have damaged something, but you also may just need your charging port cleaned. Regardless you will probably have to get a new battery at the very least.