How do I make more space for my Apps and Games storage on my PC? I have 806GB free, but my PC wont let me download a under 30GB game HELP!?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • John P
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

If you have 806 Gb spare, and you want to download 30 Gb, then it is not a matter of capacity.

• 1 year ago

PC game storage addons

• 2 years ago

This makes no sense.

Does your PC have multiple drives? Are you sure you're downloading to the drive with the 800GB free on it and not your main system drive which is probably pretty full?

How are you downloading the game? Through Steam? Some other service? Directly?

Keep in mind that most game downloads come compressed so they need to be uncompressed, and then installed. The uncompressed directory can be deleted after installation (Steam deletes it for you) but it still means you'll need considerably more space to install a game after you download it.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

When downloading a game also loads "Bookkeeping" program and data, which are removed in the final set up.

For your problem I suggest you replace your main drive with a TWO TB hard drive.

Then also get another for a second Drive.

As a Gamer you will soon appreciate the expanded space. Cost about 70$US Each (just a little more than the price of a game).

I put all my games on the second drive, I also use an external USB Drive for data storage, and backup.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 years ago

Clear cookies and stuff.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.