Is my mum overreacting?

Last Tuesday (the 5th) my neighbour knocked on our door because she was going to give my mum's electric whisk back after her's broke. I heard the door knock, but I didn't answer it because I wasn't in the mood. She knocked on the door three more times after that. She gave up on the fourth knock and... show more Last Tuesday (the 5th) my neighbour knocked on our door because she was going to give my mum's electric whisk back after her's broke. I heard the door knock, but I didn't answer it because I wasn't in the mood. She knocked on the door three more times after that. She gave up on the fourth knock and left the electric whisk outside our front door. Approximately an hour later, my mum opened the door to find the electric whisk. She said to me that she was expecting our neighbour to give it back to her directly instead of just leaving it on our doorstep. So she rang her up. Our neighbour said that she knocked on the door several times, but no one answered - even though she saw me in the kitchen. After she hung the phone down, my mum just started wailing at me. She said things like "how would you like it if she did that to you?" and "I have never known anyone like you in my life!" I told her that I wasn't in a very good mood, but she said it's not good enough of an excuse.

Since that day, she has been treating me like absolute crap. Whenever I ring the doorbell or knock on the door, she leaves me outside for up to an hour so I can have "a taste of my own medicine". Whenever I talk to her, she either ignores me or brings up what had happened that day. When she brings up what happened, it always turns into verbal fights that everyone in our neighbourhood can hear.

Do I deserve to be treated like this just for that?
Update: Jessica its the first time its happened...