Kaitlyn asked in TravelAir Travel · 3 years ago

First and Middle name joined on plane ticket online.?

I m a first time flyer.

Someone purchased a plane ticket from Delta online, he gave me the confirmation code to log in as a guest and I did with my first and last name. I checked on the flight details that my first and middle name are joined together. Will that be a issue when I get to the airport to show my ID?

This may or may not be a problem. DHS/TSA is becoming more restrictive regarding this. (This is due to certain security logistics that happens behind the scenes while you are booking your tickets.

Please call the airline to fix the reservation. This would make things much easier. If you are unable to, don't worry about it. Come with your ID and boarding pass. (Worst case scenario, you go through additional screening which will take an extra few minutes of your time.)

Source(s): Work part-time as a TSA officer (who makes it a point to look after the first time traveler's well being.)
  • Daniel

It shouldn't be an issue. I have had my middle initial show up on boarding pass merged into my first name, but the reservation was correct.

Call the airline if you want to be sure that it is right in the system.

• John F

It happens all the time. Absolutely no problem.

My wife's first + middle name don't fit on the boarding pass, so the last 2 or 3 letters of her middle name are cut off. Even that is no problem.

It won't be an issue. I'm pretty sure the airline company joined your first and middle names together. My boarding passes often have them joined together.

I am not travel with a plane in life