Does starting a car 20 times a day bring electrical problem?

Hi folks...

Okay I live in country A. I work as a deliverer during the night. Going through building blocks of four stories in a two mile distance. Talking about maybe fifty blocks. I use my car to carry the products. Say just like the post man.

Does shutting off and on of the engine mess with the starter, alternator or anything electrical? Thank you in advance... Cheers

• JetDoc
    1 year ago
    Best Answer

Of COURSE the more often you use the starter, the more it's going to wear and the sooner it will need to be replaced. Seems to me that if you're working in such a small area, an electric vehicle would be more efficient.

• F
    1 year ago

Well most new cars are fitted with stop /start systems to allegedly imporve emissions (yeh right), and according to the manufacturers, this doesn't increase wear on batteries and starter motors. If you believe that, I seriously don't think you should be allowed out on your own.

1 year ago

Yes

• 1 year ago

Yes unfortunately

• 1 year ago

Hi so with todays systems designed to take this sort of problems an electrical vehicle is often used the Milk Float being a prime example. so it is just a case of switching it on or off.

1 year ago

will decrease battery life.

1 year ago

it may shorten battery life ans starter

• 1 year ago

You would be better off leaving the engine running. Besides draining your battery you are putting excessive wear and tear on the starter.

• 1 year ago

Your battery may go flat sooner than you expect because starting up draws a lot of power and short journeys don't give it much chance to charge up again. The starter motor and ignition switch will wear more rapidly. Repeated short journeys may mean the engine fails to maintain an efficient working temperature so you may find fuel consumption and engine deposits are worse than normal. Provided you also do a mix of longer journeys, it shouldn't be a problem.

1 year ago

Starter and ignition switch will have a shorter life. That is all.