Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 3 years ago

What might be the value and purpose and definition of " beauty " to a Christian man who is seeking a wife?

I hear even Christian men talk about how she has to be beautiful. That is not Biblical in my opinion. The Word of God says that beauty is vain. Ao i don't get how many Christian men continue to bring it up as if it is some super valuable quality. Should it even be mentioned since it is vain, and should Christian men even be seeking a vain thing? Where are the good Christian men who are not giving into vanity?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 years ago

But it his wife s your view is not Biblical.

• 3 years ago

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Two people can see a woman. One sees beauty, the other does not.

• 3 years ago

Actually the Bible does promote beauty in wives, but you probably won't like it.

1Pet 3:3 Let your beauty be not just the outward adorning of braiding the hair, and of wearing jewels of gold, or of putting on fine clothing; 3:4 but in the hidden person of the heart, in the incorruptible adornment of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God very precious. 3:5 For this is how the holy women before, who hoped in God also adorned themselves, being in subjection to their own husbands: 3:6 as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord, whose children you now are, if you do well, and are not put in fear by any terror.

If you want to be a beautiful wife in God's eyes, have a gentle and quiet spirit, obey your husband, call him "lord", and don't fear that somehow all that will backfire on you.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.