Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 years ago

I want to surprise my boyfriend, but am not sure if what I want to do is a good idea or not.?

We ve been together for 3 months. I usually spend the week (every other week) at his house with him. He leaves for work and I clean and chill and start dinner when hes on the way home. This week (this is the week I dont stay), he has been working at least 15-16 hr days. I want to go to his house tomorrow while he s working and fix him a really nice dinner that would be ready when he gets home. Half the time, Im there by myself, but I ve never just showed up ag his house before without him knowing. How might he feel about that?

How would YOU feel if your girlfriend did that for you?

Its a nice thought to start with. It might be a bit soon to do that. I would suggest you wait until you re with him at his place then offer to cook a nice meal for him.Thats a much better way. It shows you genuinely care about him.Your devotion makes you an ideal girl.I hope he appreciates you for who you are.I hope he s the right guy for you.

Just something to think about. While you are getting to know him try finding out more about him.Look for his qualities,look for the good signs but also the warning signs too.Goods relationships need high compatibility between you and a guy. These books will explain that:

1)"Are You The One For Me?"

By Barbara De Angelis.

2)”Cracking The Dating Code”.By Janet O’Neal.

3)"Toxic Friends:a practical guide to recognizing and dealing with an unhealthy friendship". By Loraine Smith-Hines. 

I hope he deserves you.

Do it but open the door to him in just a dressing gown with some seriously sexy lingerie on underneath and blow his mind then give him his tea or sit there dressed sexy having tea then tell him your dessert, he’s lucky to have you caring so much

• Hmmm, if you know him and he is okay with surprises then I would do it. If you're close, I would. That's sweet but at the same time you don't want to invade in personal space. I know my boyfriend would LOVE that. However, turning the tables if he surprised me I would like it but at the same time I am very anxious and hate surprises so I would feel irked at three months. Now that we live together it's different.

I have been seeing my boyfriend for six years and i never go to his place unannounced. And he better not show up at my place without an invitation or letting me know first.

• ANDREW
      2 years agoReport

Not good with surprises then?

Only you can be the judge, since he's your boyfriend. Is he the type that likes surprises, or likes things to be predictable? Is he a private person, or does he not care about you going through his stuff?

I'd not pleased if I hadn't given her a key to my place and told her she's welcome anytime.

As a woman, I want to encourage you NOT to clean his house. You've only known him a few months. Please don't be auditioning as his housekeeper and cook. At this stage, he should be taking you OUT and courting you. Not you staying in and doing everything in your power to convince this fellow (that you haven't known very long) that you'd be really handy around the house.

Regardless of how he feels about it... you're doing this backwards.

I would completely agree!

I personally wouldn’t care id love if my gf had dinner waiting for me. Just ask him to leave a spare key and bring up the topic of if you have to go Inside his house and if he’s ok leaving a key then he probably wouldn’t care if you made the food. Being in his shoes it might be a shock seeing you in his house walking in like a crazy person somewhat but all you gotta do is say leave a key so I can come inside which is pretty much giving him a heads up that you’ll be going inside. Btw leave him a beer in the fridge or something or a bottle of fireball on the counter that’d be flucking awesome. Honestly tho he’s used to you in his house so I think he’d like you being there and made the dinner so yes go inside and make the dinner..

that's a bit iffy at only 3 months of dating......