Would you engage in romantic sex with a hookup or FWB (friends with benefits)?

If you did engage in romantic sex with your FWB, would you be able to keep emotions out of it especially over a prolonged period of time?

How do you define romantic sex?

Is romantic sex something you only engage in with someone you have feelings for?

In this hypothetical situation, we have two friends with benefits, whom engage in sex that they both admittedly say is romantic. One knows they have feelings for the other but does not know how the other feels. What's your opinion?

• MCM

Yes, my sex my not be romantic but is always passiinate

• carrie

No, because I would start to develop feelings for the person and they would not have feelings for me, I fall too easily that is my downside.

• So this whole making love thing...I don't know. I lost my virginity to a guy I met for a total of 5 minutes off Tinder. It was meant to be a one night stand. Three years later we live together and are in a relationship. The one thing that has been constant is the sex. It has not changed. From that initial meeting to today we have had amazing chemistry regardless of romantic feelings. We were friends with benefits for two years before we moved in together. At first it was purely just an hour to bang once every two weeks. Then it was once a week with some talking and we really bonded as people. Then after a few months we met each other's friends, and suddenly I met his parents, but we were still friends with some fondness. And then we were in love and moved in with each other.

When we first met each other we were seeing other people and I had a steady friends with benefits that I actually hung out with and met his family and friends RIGHT AWAY. But he fell for me hard and always tried to steer us towards a relationship. I think the longer a relationship goes the more someone will develop feelings. I am lucky my boyfriend and I developed them together but most times it likes my other experience where one person gets hurt. I cut if off as soon as the guy wanted me to meet his parents. We went back to being friends but I ended it out of respect for my boyfriend.

• Been there, done that. Do it again depending on the person and the circumstances.

• k w

better to have sex, with a real, genuine , love interest.......not a set up, a fraud , a deception......