How to boost dog’s confidence...?

He has to be around family constantly, and I even have to go outside with him when he poops or he won’t go... He’s a big whiner and just sits at the back door whining if I try to leave him alone, even waited an hour several times... Leaving him for an hour seemed to make it worse like hes scared im going to do it... show more He has to be around family constantly, and I even have to go outside with him when he poops or he won’t go... He’s a big whiner and just sits at the back door whining if I try to leave him alone, even waited an hour several times... Leaving him for an hour seemed to make it worse like hes scared im going to do it again every time.. He’s terrified of going anywhere, he likes car rides but still pees from fright when I try to get him out of car to go into a store...
He’s almost constantly licking himself after ANYTHING happens whether he actually peed or not. If he spots someone at door he braks then licks himself. If another dog barks he gets scared and licks himself. He jumps up on my chest so I can pet him, and when he jumps back down he licks himself...
I think he needs a confidence booster but how do I do this when he’s too scared of everything...?
I thought he’d trust me but I dont think he does bc he doesnt come to me when hes scared...
Update: 1. Chihuahua mix 2. 3 years old 3. Few weeks old 4. He seemed more confident then than he does now.. 5. Honestly just excited I could get a puppy, and wanted a chihuahua bc for some reason I thought it would replace the one we had in our childhood.. 6. I didn’t have money for training and mom didn’t wanna pay.. I... show more 1. Chihuahua mix
2. 3 years old
3. Few weeks old
4. He seemed more confident then than he does now..
5. Honestly just excited I could get a puppy, and wanted a chihuahua bc for some reason I thought it would replace the one we had in our childhood..
6. I didn’t have money for training and mom didn’t wanna pay.. I trained him simple stuff like sit, stay, fetch..
(And yes I was 15 when I got him so I was more stupid then...)
Update 2: About him whining, it started when we got a big dog ~ year ago, lab, and that dog loved to bark at all neighbors and my dog started getting scared of being out w her and now he doesnt like going out at all.. Before that he was fine bc I did cheer him on, I tried again when new dog scared him but now he doesnt care... show more About him whining, it started when we got a big dog ~ year ago, lab, and that dog loved to bark at all neighbors and my dog started getting scared of being out w her and now he doesnt like going out at all.. Before that he was fine bc I did cheer him on, I tried again when new dog scared him but now he doesnt care about the cheering. If he’s scared, he’s scared and won’t listen to me. (And yes I put “bc”, bc it said my question was too long to submit which is why I started using short cuts...)
Update 3: 7. He WANTS to be around family. 8. No fleas or ticks. 9. He licks his weiner. (He’s fixed.) Few days ago I noticed some white “stuff” coming out but I assume not semen bc he’s fixed. He’s done this ever since he was little, so I assumed it was normal and he would stop.. But since he can’t control his bladder... show more 7. He WANTS to be around family.
8. No fleas or ticks.
9. He licks his weiner. (He’s fixed.) Few days ago I noticed some white “stuff” coming out but I assume not semen bc he’s fixed. He’s done this ever since he was little, so I assumed it was normal and he would stop.. But since he can’t control his bladder when he’s excited either, I’m not sure... 🤷🏼‍♀️