Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 3 years ago

Is abnormal not to enjoy being a mom?

I love and care for kids but I am not close to my two, a son and daughter. I have tried to be close but it just isn't there. Does that make me a bad mom? I hid this for so many years..

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 years ago
    Favorite Answer

My aunt is the same way and honestly it's not wrong, it's just the way you feel.

My aunt was closed off with her kids and they are just fine

Don't let anyone make you feel bad about it.

• Robin
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

it doesn't make you a bad mom when your children need you they will come to you and you will all ways take care of them no matter what

• Tepee
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

There is a special bond between a mother and her children. If you don't feel that bond then you need to discuss your feelings with a trained professional to determine why.

• 3 years ago

No, I wouldn't enjoy it either, I don't blame you.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 years ago

Is that really your biggest concern?- your own self-image as a parent? You should be worried about what that lack of motherly love will do to your kids. When children do not receive affection or compassion, they often grow up emotionally dysfunctional adults, unable to feel love for others. Get counseling to determine what your problem is & how to cope, otherwise you're just passing that dysfunction along to a new generation.

• 3 years ago

You need to seek professional help. As hard as you've tried, your children will pick up on the fact that you're not enjoying motherhood and they will take it personally, as children do.

• 3 years ago

it might be, maybe you should talk to a counselor about all this, it might help you out

• Steve
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

No. Be strong instead of close. You should be available to give them your opinion, but you’re only human. They need your unconditional love above all.

• k w
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

more disappointing than abnormal.........one of my customers didn't like raising her children.......she was caught up in the world, not being a mother....sad....

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.