Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 3 years ago

I am 17 years old man and had sex for the first time last night and condom broke, will she get pregnant?

I am 17, she is 18, and we had sex for the first time last night, unfortunately the condom I was wearing broke while we had sex. The condom I was wearing fit perfect when I put it on. Will she get pregnant?

Favorite Answer

That depends on several factors, including the "time of the month" of the female concerned. But it is certainly true that she might become pregnant - any act of "unprotected" sex can lead to pregnancy, and yours became unprotected when the condom broke.

If that act of sex was less than 48 hours ago, then she should go and buy the Plan B pill, but she must do it NOW, this hour. And she must read the instructions with the packet and follow them fully.

I am surprised that your school did not give you good info about such matters. Get good info from a sexual health clinic. Do not rely on myths told by your friends.

• Pippin

Of course she 'can' get pregnant - but no, that doesn't mean she 'will.' Women don't get pregnant every time they have sex.

You also need to review correct condom use. Condoms are subject to VERY high quality control standards and breakage should be a VERY rare event. If yours broke the very first time -- you were doing something wrong.

It’s a very rare chance dude

Don’t trip about these dumb comments

Unless her periods just passed 12 days ago

But even then u used a condom but broked at the end ?The best thing u can do is buy her a pregency test kit and test her if she’s pregnant just wait about few days after u had sex

• Laffy

You need to get her the plan-b pill. It will prevent pregnacy, but has to take it 3 days after sex

Average chance is one in four.

• k w

only time and a pregnancy test will tell for sure, in time.......best wishes....

• Leanne

It’s possible but if she’s close to her period or has just come off of it then it’s extremely unlikely. I wouldn’t worry unless she misses her next period. Condoms don’t normally break you must not have applied it correctly or have used an old/ damaged one. Handling a condom with unwashed hands, soap on the hands or chemicals/detergent (including perfume) can cause small holes to appear

It's certainly possible, but not guaranteed

My crystal ball is broken so can't tell you, HOWEVER there is a morning after pill available if she would call her OBGYN - you are playing Russian Roulette with a new life - take care of it now, this is the 21st frigging century and anyone as dumb as you shouldn't be breeding.

• ?

You'll know in a few weeks, Valentine.