Can I still become a FIREFIGHTER if I’ve used hard drugs in the past???

Hello! I’m 22 years old, I work at LAUSD & IN N OUT BURGER. With that being said, I’m interested in pursuing a career as a FIREFIGHTER! I currently have a friend who’s father is a FIRE CHIEF , have a pretty descent understanding of the requirements and standards. Although that’s the case, I’d like to get more... show more Hello! I’m 22 years old, I work at LAUSD & IN N OUT BURGER. With that being said, I’m interested in pursuing a career as a FIREFIGHTER! I currently have a friend who’s father is a FIRE CHIEF , have a pretty descent understanding of the requirements and standards. Although that’s the case, I’d like to get more feedback so I don’t waste my time. I have one late credit card payment , and when I was younger I experimented and had a problem with hard drugs. I am completely sober now, I understand that I’ll have to be completely honest on my polygraph. So my question is , Can I still become a Firefighter even though I had used HARD drugs in the past??? It was stupid, I was homeless with my mother at the time. I learned from my mistakes and changed my life completely , I just don’t want it to hinder my career . I have a clean background , no trouble with the law, YOUNG , RELIABLE & COMMITED . ALL ANSWERS ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED! God bless!