Romance is important in the beginning of a relationship when you are just beginning to date. Once you really get to know each other well, the romance doesn’t totally die, but it can still be enjoyed. It sounds to me as if you are in the right track with her. My guy and I have been together for a long time, and while we aren’t dancing on the clouds in love, we still do a lot of nice things for each other that your girlfriend might find romantic.
1. Do something unexpected. When romance begins to feel forced, as it sounds here, you can try doing something out of the ordinary. Buy an inexpensive bunch of flowers at the grocery store and surprise her with them. If there is something she has been wanting to do for awhile, but you haven’t done, surprise her by talking about plans for that. Concert tickets. A picnic in the park. You get the idea.
2. She might be telling you that you are in a relationship rut, so try something new. A new restaurant, a new type of food, cooking for her.
3. Be adventurous and try new activities. Take up tennis together if you don’t play. Go bowling, maybe for the first time in your life. Visit a place near where you live that you’ve never been to before.
4. Do something really special for her. A massage, for example. After a hard day at work of school, massage her feet and her back. She will like that. My guy and I regularly give each other massages.
5. If you are always telling you love her by text, do it in person.
I’m sure your girlfriend means that perhaps you have settled into a rut and that the two of you need to change things at you regularly do. Too much routine can make a relationship stale, and this might get boring. Try to think of ways to change what you are doing with her so that your relationship seems fresh and like new again. You’ll never recapture that newly-in-love feeling, but the two of you can explore how to make your relationship as new as possible. She also need to put forth the effort to make your relationship work. It’s not just about pleasing her. Good luck!