Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 3 years ago

Why are men more upset by the concept of "toxic masculinity" than they are by the disproportionate violence acted on women and lgbtq+?

Primarily at the hands of straight men, no less.

Favorite Answer

Because it's direct attack on what they've been taught what it means "to be a man."

Now suddenly they're supposed to have feelings and acknowledge them? But that's not what their dad / coach / role models said! Men are supposed to suck it up. Walk it off. Never cry.

You need to understand that you’ve been brainwashed into an ideolgoy of bigotted hate speech. Your pretended moral superiority is completely fake.

And you are just a stupid little turd. Okay? Got that?

Why are blacks bothered by being called subhuman?

don't try to reason with the wild animals..can't help it

"Why are men more upset by the concept of "toxic masculinity" than they are by the disproportionate violence acted on women and lgbtq+?"

Isn't that kind of the same thing as when feminists are more upset about "sexist air conditioning" in their first world offices rather than the fact that many other women around the world lack basic rights?

Wait ... actually it's much less worse when men care about being denigrated for nothing, as opposed to the feminist positions that always do the denigrating.

.

• Lv 7

MOST men are not that way. only idiots are...

Because being called "toxic" has an effect on ALL men, while the violence has a meaning (of "responsibility," which is what you're driving at) ONLY for the anti-social MINORITY that performs it (that the simpleminded and bigoted attribute to a GENERAL identity "men").

I didn't do it. So I don't even consider the matter except as a social evil that it would be good to get rid of. I CERTAINLY feel no special personal responsibility for it. Your implicit assumption that I should shows that you are one of the above-referenced simple-minded bigots.

Why do you feel more upset about violence against women than you do about the well-documented higher rate of women abusing or even killing children?

BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T DO IT.

Well, neither did most of US. What is it about being male that makes it impossible for you to consider us as human beings?

And you sure do hate any mention of social class. You always pretend it doesn't exist. I guess the well-off don't like being reminded that there are plenty of straight white men who are way more oppressed than they are, and have a far more similar way of life to minority folks on the bottom than they do.

If you're looking for a way to drive desperate, oppressed, working-class white straight men into the arms of the goddamn Nazis, you've certainly hit on a good formula for it.

Me, I prefer to mention to both groups just how similar their ways of life are, and how far away they BOTH are from the white wealthy (or minority middle-class brats).

But then, I'm not having a personal temper tantrum and pretending it's politics, like you are. I'm actually arguing that we need to overturn this system, while YOUR problem with capitalist exploitation and wage slavery is that racism and sexism keeps you from what you see as your "natural right" to a seat on the board of directors.

If straight men were beating the hell out of gay people we would hear about it non-stop in the news. What we don't hear about is the high rate of domestic violence among same-sex couples.

*44 percent of lesbians and 61 percent of bisexual women experience rape, physical violence, or stalking by an intimate partner, compared to 35 percent of heterosexual women

*26 percent of gay men and 37 percent of bisexual men experience rape, physical violence, or stalking by an intimate partner, compared to 29 percent of heterosexual men

*46 percent of bisexual women have been raped, compared to 17 percent of heterosexual women and 13 percent of lesbians

*22 percent of bisexual women have been raped by an intimate partner, compared to 9 percent of heterosexual women

*40 percent of gay men and 47 percent of bisexual men have experienced sexual violence other than rape, compared to 21 percent of heterosexual men

So we're supposed to like being called "toxic"? Also, we are supposed to all like being lumped together into a single group that is considered guilty due to the way we were raised? ?

Because if you're not LGBT or a woman it isn't necessarily your problem. They can deal with it themselves. Women don't really have it bad here in America, either. They could take care of themselves if they weren't so lazy. And the LGBT wouldn't have that big of a problem if they didn't parade around shouting that they're *insert LGBT+ thing*. No straight person yells that they're straight. No cis person yells that they're cis.

Source(s): Yes, I'm a woman. Yes, I'm a part of the LGBT+ community. I'm just speaking the truth.