kyle asked in HealthMen's Health · 3 years ago

How long of not jerking off is unhealthy?

I’m 18 and I’ve jerked of almost every day since I was 12, I’m trying not to jerk off for a month to help me stop but is that unhealthy? Personal experience and any answers are helpful

I'm 18, and jack off at least 2-4 dimes in a week. Not gonna lie there's some weeks (link this one) I jack off twice a day. It's really what you find comfortable. Last year, when I was dating, I just sex a couple times per week, it evens out.

It's been over five years with absolutely no negative effects.

Don't go more that 6 hours without rubbing one out.

• ?

moderation is key

• Josie

Parts of the body that are not used tend to deteriorate.

It is not unhealthy in the short term but if you want your prostate

and other bits to work in the longer term you need to keep them

exercised. It probably depends how old you are, how much a month

would affect you, but it would not improve your chances.

Nothing "healthy" about abstaining, but won't be unhealthy to stop for a while. Just a waste of a month of fun. Average teen does it at least once a day, you are not doing the deed excessively.

• Marc

Masturbation is a totally normal and health activity in and of itself. If it starts to intefere with normal daily life or sexual function then it can become "unhealthy". But not masturbating will have no negative effects on you

Keep up the good work.

• kelvin

no it's not

Masturbating is neither healthy or unhealthy. It doesn't matter one way or the other if you masturbate or not.

There's no harm if you masturbate a lot, or you never masturbate. It just doesn't matter one way or the other.