Why or why not?

https://m.imgur.com/QqKXUVA

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 years ago

Good for what ?

As a keep sake , it's okay .

Quality wise , no , it's distorted ...

• If you notice the distortion, it was shot with a 55mm lens. Their heads are closer to the lens than their feet, so the proportions are not correct. The heads are much larger proportionally than they should be.

If you try to shoot with a longer lens, even on a cell phone, use a telephoto and zoom in while you back away from the subject, the proportions will be correct and you'll find you take much better shots.

The sign is distracting in the background, unless its somekind of inside joke. but if you can lower your aperture, so we focus on theri face instead of a perfectly in focus sign, on eliminate the sign althogether.

Otherwise I love it!

• 2 years ago

Yes

• 2 years ago

If you can’t fault it then yes superb!

Very best wishes

Mars

Source:) Photography school

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 years ago

Why are you asking this question again?

It's certainly fine as a snapshot. I think the color balance is a bit too warm. I'd say using a wide-angle lens was mistake as it distorted and elongated the shape of the people's bodies.

• 2 years ago

It's probably a nice memory and this alone makes it a good photo in a sense

• qrk
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

This has really bad perspective distortion which makes the subjects look really weird. The background is also affected due to camera level and using a wide angle lens which takes away from the subjects. I'm guessing the camera-to-subject distance was fairly close as this is what causes undesirable perspective distortion. For this sort of shot, you need to be at least 3 metres away from your subject and use a focal length of something greater than 50mm (equivalent to a full-frame camera).

Otherwise, it would be a nice couples snapshot, nothing special except for the memories. The lighting could be better, but fine with what you had to work with. A fill flash may give your subjects a bit more pop. Personally, I would have gotten rid of the sign, but I may not have gotten the pun if one was intended.

Better posing of the subjects will also help if you want some glamour (hand/arm position, angle of bodies, feet/leg position).

• John
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

Discounting that it's a cheap cell phone camera. It's OK for a snapshot. My criticism - the reason I answer - is that the background is much too cluttered. Focus on the charming couple, not the road sign.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

Not really. Everything is too thinned by the lens of the camera. The color is good, but does need to pop a little more. It looks like it is all the fault of the camera, if not the photographer.

• 2 years ago

It's a standard snapshot.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.