Best friend concerns.?

So my best friend has always been very Liberal and progressive. Perhaps even more so than myself on some issues. However recently she has been sympathizing with Trump supporters and it is concerning me, and I'm not sure how our friendship will get through something as big as her actually being one of... show more So my best friend has always been very Liberal and progressive. Perhaps even more so than myself on some issues. However recently she has been sympathizing with Trump supporters and it is concerning me, and I'm not sure how our friendship will get through something as big as her actually being one of them..

This is a friendship I have had since high school, and we have been through so much stuff together. It's very important to me and I would not want anything to come between us, but if she turns out to be a Trump supporter then there's no possible way I could be her friend. What should I do? Should I ask her outright? and if she outs herself as a Trump supporter should I cut ties with her, or try and persuade her to see sense?
6 answers 6