Feeling guilty about temporarily leaving work even though its for medical reasons?

I work at a movie theater. About 4 weeks ago I was promoted to a supervisor position within my company but at a different location. Until recently I have had NO issues with attendance, but due to medical reasons I have to take the rest of this week and weekend off, but I am feeling extremely guilty about this because this weekend is a really busy one at work, as one of the biggest movies of the summer comes out and I feel I am leaving them short staffed without me being there. I also feel guilty because I was only recently promoted, I BARELY just was promoted not even more than 4 weeks ago. How does it look to be promoted and then have to leave on one of the biggest weekends of the summer? I understand it's for medical reasons but I still feel guilty and unprofessional. My dr advised me and gave me a drs note to not return to work until after the weekend but I want to say f that and go to work anyway..To a manager how does it look that someone you JUST promoted can't work on a busy weekend? I don't want to look as if I'm lazy, but it is for medical reasons but I still feel guilty. What should I do? Should I just go to work anyway? Should I listen to my dr? My manager sounded disappointed on the phone when I told them, they and I agree this is pretty bad timing, but they told me to not stress over it and health is more important. But I want to make a good impression and I feel as if this is not the way to go about it..I don't know what to do!

If you are sick don't go. If you feel that you can work then you SHOULD. Especially since you are newly promoted!

Stop feeling guilty. You are sick and you have an excuse. (Gee...I wish you worked at my company) If you worry you will get sicker and lose more time.

Sleep.

"I don't know what to do!"

You've already got a doctor's note. You've already informed your employer. Your employer has already approved your leave. It's handled. I have no clue why you're here asking for help. You don't need any, except perhaps some mental health treatment for your neurotic tendencies.