Do you think dads are secondary parents?

The reason I'm asking this is because I've outright heard people say that fathers are secondary parents. Like they've outright stated that mothers are the most important parent and fathers play a secondary role. I'm just wondering if most people think this way. If they do...well, then I hate the planet even more.

For the record, I'm currently in the process of becoming a single dad through surrogacy. I wonder what these people would think of that.

Favorite Answer

When 2 create a child they become one. Whoever says that dads are secondary parents are foolish. It takes two to create a living breathing human being so how can one be more than the other. If it was not for the father, the mother could not give birth and if was not for the mother the father could not give her the child. This means that mothers and fathers are both first parents no matter who makes how much money or anything of that.

• y

I have heard that also, much of it goes against what we know to be the most effective parenting system. Two positive adults or more, from both genders. Those that dismiss or try to mitigate/downplay a males contributions to child rearing are only hurting those kids. In many many places that old mindset has been replaced but the battle to remove the stigma on the young, single, female kid having a baby. Uses the dad is not needed as part of their justification/rationalization. That continuing battle has done more to damage the male role then anything else has.

Dads are only secondary if you make them secondaries.

society is in the process of changing its attitude toward dads. some people still cling to the old belief but there are plenty, particularly the younger generations like yours, who are changing. just ignore the people who are not willing to see reality.