Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetComputer Networking · 3 years ago

Does my laptop use mobile data?

So I have my desktop setup to where it s connected to our wifi by using a ethernet plugged into my laptop connected to the wifi. I went to check the data usage and it said it used 65 gigs of mobile hotspot data. Does this mean it s connected to my phone bill? Or is it just data used through my wifi

HI so WiFi is mobile data connection. this is paid for by paying for your broadband each month.

• Lv 7

is your laptop connected to wifi served by your phone's hotspot? if not, then the only way you could be using phone data is if you plugged that phone's hotspot info into the desktop...

If the source is a connection that uses mobile data then yes it does. If it's not and it's say your home internet provided by a normal ISP that isn't something such as AT&T then no.

Where are you getting the wifi from? If you are using your phones mobile hotspot on your laptop and sharing it to the desktop via an ethernet cable then yes it's using your phones data. If you're using your home internet ISP then no.