Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 3 years ago

What do you think of this guy, he says "the world will hate you to the degree you are a true Christian"?

"The world hates us to the degree that we are true Christians.

Sadly, many Christians work hard to ensure that the world does not hate them. We do this most often by compromising the faith and hiding whatever practice of the faith we do have. It is also due to a love and preference for the world. While this is often done out of weakness, it is a deeply sinful drive. Scripture warns,

Adulterers! Do you not know that friendship with the world is hostility toward God? Therefore, whoever chooses to be a friend of the world renders himself an enemy of God (James 4:4)

He goes on,

"When a person is less obsessed with human approval and more focused on divine approval, when he has the “fear of the Lord” rather than the fear of men, the worldly realizes that he is less easily exploited. A true Christian is more satisfied with God’s love and therefore less concerned with the world’s esteem and approval. The world senses this and develops a kind of disdain and hatred for the true Christian and for Christianity itself because it cannot so easily exploit the fear of diminishment."

http://www.courageouspriest.com/

I think this guy has alot of wisdom.

• Otto

Why are true Christians (Jehovah's Witneses) persecuted and spoken against ?

Jesus said: " If the world hates you, you know that it has hated me before it hated you. If you were part of the world, the world would be fond of what is its own. Now because you are no part of the world, but I have chosen you out f the world, on this account the world hates you." (John 15:18,19; see also 1 Peter 4: 3,4.)

The Bible shows that the whole world , lies under Satan's control; he is the principal instigator of the persecution. Read 1 John 5:19; and Revelation 12:17.

Source(s): Bible
  • Mack

He is in love with his pain.

I think he needs to get a grip on reality and stop worrying about how people perceive him.

• yesmar

I think he, and you, are confusing the New Testament concept of the rottennes of this culture, the “world”, with our modern concept of the planet Earth and all the good in it, the “world”.

They’re not the same thing.

I know plenty of decent Christian people who are not hated, and certainly not because of their spirituality. With all due respect, maybe people dislike your personality and you are trying to rationalize that?

Thinking we are persecuted is a false idea. That's why Jesus said even the persecuted are blessed.

I bow and worship the despised figure on the cross.

To the world I am the lowest of the low.... of course they're going to hate me. I am detestable to them. I am the very picture of weakness to them.

It's sad. They don't know what it's like to be forgiven and in love with your Hero.

Christians are the dominant religion of the world and in the majority of countries, are more likely to be the persecutors than the persecuted.