Can my cat live outside?

I have a very sweet cat, she is getting spayed in a few weeks. My parents don't like my cat in the house all year, it makes for a very bored cat, for we are all at work or school most days, and lots of destroyed furniture. We were planning to let her out for the warmer seasons, she will be microchipped and... show more I have a very sweet cat, she is getting spayed in a few weeks. My parents don't like my cat in the house all year, it makes for a very bored cat, for we are all at work or school most days, and lots of destroyed furniture.

We were planning to let her out for the warmer seasons, she will be microchipped and have an identity collar.
We are planning on building her an insulated cat house so she will be warm at night, and she will be kept in the house during winter and late fall. If my cat lives outside will she be happier? will she still be considered
owned by my family? or do others have the right to adopt her?