Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 3 years ago

My dad said “f*** you” to me?

I don’t know if it’s my fault. I can’t go into detail. But my dad said f*** you to me. I have to let this out. My feeling is not describable. Im a 15 year old male btw. We go to therapy. He hints every now and then that I am the cause of the problem in the family. I always had a feeling that my dad had this hatred for me deep down, even though he denies it in therapy and says he’s just frustrated. This time he said F you many times. Screaming it. Over and over and over again. F you, f you, f you. Each time he said it was like another time getting stabbed in the chest. I couldn’t and still can’t believe it. I never thought my dad would talk to me like that. He said it over and over again each time more confidently. He meant it, and I could hear it in his voice. He didn’t mince his words. I don’t know what to do. I don’t know anymore. I know many people get beaten by their parents, but this is different. This is like the ‘first beating’. I don’t know that I will ever forgive my father. I don’t know why I’m posting this online but I need some way to express myself without a censor. When I’m older I will never treat my kids like this. Never. I will do everything in my power to not treat my kids like this. Nobody deserves to be treated like this. I looked up to my dad. My therapist doesn’t understand me either. My life wasn’t bad either. I was in good shape in sports I had straight A’s but somewhere it just broke apart. I don’t know.

• Tell the therapist your father is abusive

thats verbal abuse, if you told cps about it they might move you out

yee

I'm glad you've decided not to treat your kids like you're being treated in the future.

Your father has some sort of anger issues/stress and yes frustration and he's taking it out on you inappropriately. He's not thinking straight at all. And unfortunately, we often lash out at those we love. And another thing is, fathers sometimes tend to have unrealistic expectations of their kids.

Maybe you can ask the therapist for a session just between the two of you so you can talk about this. i hope so.

If you can get out of the house. Go to a trusted relative or a close friend, at least for the night. Let Mum know where you are since you don't need to make her worry, and tell her you all need this space. By the way where was she when all this was going on? Seems strange to me that she didn't intervene.

Then? You already attend family therapy so if you don't know how to handle it, you can certainly bring it up there. Get an emergency session if you can. He can hardly deny it and may well have to either admit how he really feels or at the very least explain why he thought he could and should have done what he did. I very much doubt the therapist will allow him to justify it, for any reason. Then you will be free to talk about how it affects you and how damaging it is to how you now see him.

Its a pity though that you "can’t go into detail." because that might give us some more context as to the living situation.

Clearly you’re not the most innocent, let’s be honest. Man up your dad said “**** you” oh no the world is going to collapse! Your entire life is over! Get over yourself.

He said **** you probably because you were being an annoying little poo. Now get off the internet and learn the real life, no one is going to feel sorry for you because your dad said “**** you” calm yourself and man up!

Lol you say you “can’t forgive your father” then move out at 16 and get a job. What an embarrassment of a child you must be to say that. He’s working hard for you to ensure you have a roof over your head. Get a grip. You sound like an entitled little brat who got put into his place.

Once again, man up.