Metformin for Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)?

Hi, I am wondering if anyone can help.

I had been suffering with PCOS for about 5 years now. I have always been overweight which i struggled to shift but had recently lost just over 3 stone.

Anyway the Dr recently put me on Metformin and advised it would help with my symptoms (dark hairs, spots etc) I have also been having unprotected sex with my partner for over a year now and no luck !!

Has anyone had any luck with pregnancy or even improvements with their symptoms after taking metformin? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance !

For me, Metformin removed most symptoms and after about a year and a half I had regular periods again.

Keep going with it, it's worth it. You should conceive in a year or two.

It completely depends on the woman. With many women, taking Met brings back their regular cycles along with alleviating other symptoms like hair growth. For other women, Met does nothing. Your doctor should be following up with you to see if it's working and to discuss other options if it's not.

Metformin only helps regulate the periods etc but you also need Clomid to help you ovulate, Good Luck