Is this pdf harmful?

I was looking for a dnd 5th edition players handbook pdf, and i searched it in google and one immediately came up , so i opened it and downloaded it. i looked up the sorce abd it was from orc-news.ru a site that was all in russian so i imediately deleted the pdf and some left over copies i accidentally made, the... show more I was looking for a dnd 5th edition players handbook pdf, and i searched it in google and one immediately came up , so i opened it and downloaded it. i looked up the sorce abd it was from orc-news.ru a site that was all in russian so i imediately deleted the pdf and some left over copies i accidentally made, the google pdf viewer didnt warn me of anything harmful which i have it set up to do, but after deleting the files i was double checking by searching my computer for the file namw, and it found a few things, so i tried to delete them and it said an error accured and as far as i can tell they were log files my computer made ofe opening the file and accidentally copying it, and it couldnt interact with them since i deleted the file, then 2 got deleted and after restarting my computer the 3rd is gone, for saftey i am runing a virus scan on windows defender security center, i looked the file up again on google and opened it and google didnt warn me of anything, i tried to see if i could have google scan it but i couldn t, i went to the site, translated the words and saw there were forums about dnd, cant scan the sight, so i dont know what to make of it, I ve heard bad stories of things malware and viruses can do to people and i just wanted to get a simple game book, i just wanna get someone elses opinoin or help so i can rest easier either knowing im ok or being able to deal with the virus if there is one sorry this is so long
5 answers 5