Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 year ago

How is faith reliable when faith could be used to hold any position?

I could have faith that Zeus is the one true god and not the bible god.

27 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago

Faith as it is used in Salvation is not a maybe so or hope so but a complete confidence in God's promise that if you Repent of your sins and through Faith Trust or Commit your life to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior you will be Saved for all eternity.

• 1 year ago

That depends upon what or who you have faith in. That's why the Lotto jackpots get so large because of people having faith in the wrong numbers. Faith is believing in what the outcome will be but it isn't the

outcome itself. If you have no faith, then you are in limbo until whatever will be will be.

• 1 year ago

"How is faith reliable when faith could be used to hold any position?" It can't, dear one, be used to hold any position. Faith must be based in something that is true. Faith has to have a way to be vindicated at some point. Atheism has no way to be vindicated, since one cannot know there is no God, much less prove it. One cannot have faith in atheism. That is blind belief.

"I could have faith that Zeus is the one true god and not the bible god." No, you couldn't. Nobody has dealings with Zeus, only with God, call him what they will.

• Sandra K
      Lv 6
      1 year agoReport

Most of the world doesn't believe in God. There are lots of other gods. People deal with othr gods the same way you imagine you deal with God.

• 1 year ago

You are correct. Everyone has faith in something. Faith in self, the government, their kids, their company, the on-coming driver, a stable planet, money, or power. OR faith in God. Choose wisely.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 year ago

Friend Faith is testable! You have faith that if you go to work you'll get a paycheck on Friday and that that piece of paper will be turned into more little pieces of paper with which you can buy things. If you have faith in the god Zeus go about doing the things that Zeus has written down in his instructions somewhere. And see if it causes a responsible and godly Behavior in your life and with your fellow man and if it works it works Zeus be praised!

You have proven that your faith is valid!

If it doesn't work you know you're on the wrong track! By the way the Bible God. Or rather the Son of God Jesus is a variation of the word Zeus! So you may be on the wrong track to start with!

• 1 year ago

Christian faith is evidence based faith.

Joh 14:11 Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves.

Ac 17:31 For he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to all men by raising him from the dead."

In contrast religions like Islam demand blind faith, having no supporting evidence, and in fact evidence contradicts their own claims

• Sandra K
      Lv 6
      1 year agoReport

No, there's no evidence. If there's evidence, it's knowledge not blind faith.

• David
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Let's be clear on what "faith" is so we're all on the same page. The concept of “blind faith” is a recent invention, found nowhere in Scripture. If you go back to God’s Word, you’ll find that the Hebrew word for faith, by its very definition, refers to a logical, robust, unwavering confidence in the truth.

C. H. Spurgeon said it beautifully:

Faith abhors conjectures, it will not put its foot down upon fictions, but rests upon matters of fact. Faith never deals in the imaginary goods of opinion, theory, speculation, and probability; she searches for the priceless pearl of certainty; she needs to know. This type of "faith" is both "logical and reasonable".

Philosophically, Aristotle's discourse on the Prime Mover demonstrates logically and with good reason that there can be only one Prime Mover (Creator God) so your likely objection for many creator gods, was answered about 2300 years ago, by a Pagan Greek Philosopher.

The Bible opens with a very simple one sentence "In the beginning God created the heaves and the earth"

Reading the Bible means applying that premise... If one applies that premise allowing a serpent to speak or any of the other signs and wonders found in the Bible are child's play to a being with the knowledge and power to create the heavens and the earth and so there is no logical inconsistency. Instead atheists ignore that premise and read the Bible based on their own premise "There is no God". This is both unreasonable and logically inconsistent, as the atheist is trained to behave.

Aside from applying this premise, faith then is something you do, not a switch you flip or something you will to happen. Because you may have faith in aliens is not justified w/o evidence, merely a consequence of believing in the myth of millions/billions of years.

Ultimately evolutionists want their religion of secularism and atheism—worldviews which are already being taught in public school classrooms—to be the only religion these students are exposed to. Of course, they claim that atheism is not a religion, but it is! In their worldview, they have faith that somehow the universe came into existence and by natural processes life arose—that is their belief system, their religion. Without sustaining evidence this is "blind faith", both "illogical" and "unreasonable".

No atheist has proven an exclusionary affirmative proposition that makes all gods an impossibility--atheism is a faith based claim w/o a single valid assertion as true.

In scientific terms, Creationists claim evidence from the Bible with corroboration of the observed origin of matter, and it is consistent with our belief. Evolutionists cannot say the same, and are frequently inconsistent, like life from non-life, exactly the opposite of laws of the universe; nonsense. Like wishing on a star, wishing for aliens or some form of life out there, or that pesky missing link, when there should be millions/billions of evidences if true.

What have you confirmed that you know as fact, what measurement have you taken that makes you think like you do? When you can answer this question, you will be bubbling over with details in the integrity of truth in fact, and your blind faith will be conformed into "faith" when confirmed.

The atheists should then not be so concerned and judgmental w/o cause and attack what I have confirmed, the measurements I've taken, the evidence I have that has conformed into what I think.

Eight Evidences for a Young Earth

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20160...

Five Evidences of Noah’s Flood - problematica

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20160...

Four Geologic (technical) Evidences of Noah's Flood in the Grand Canyon

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20151...

How many is that, 20 evidences in fact that what the Bible says is true, that it must be inspired by God to do that? Geez, you don't need much faith when you confirm something for yourself as true with facts in evidence times twenty.

• David
      Lv 7
      1 year agoReport

Stick the datum in the wrong place from unfounded unsupported OPINION, and everything you believe about the subject is completely wrong. Start with millions/billions of years, and you end up in la-la land.

• Raja
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Human beings are ruled by spirits but humans must learn to control and rule the spirits. Spirits possess people according to the mental state of the human beings and keep them in the same state until they are rejected and replaced by another. This is an all time phenomena occurring in all humans. Human beings are always under the influence of spirits. Certain situations and circumstances causes the possession of certain type of spirits. Often thinking and talking about bad subjects or bad imaginations even for fun can take serious turns on one who think and talk. All spirits (good and bad) have the dominating character. They can take you to the extent of sacrifice or suicide.

All of your activities, talks and even thoughts determine what kind of spirits you will have for your life. Only these spirits are the reason for the good and bad happening in your life. Generally spirits determine your destiny from your daily activities, talks and thoughts too. All knowledge, skills, emotions, feelings, interests and everything are spirits. Even thoughts are not your own. For example, when you want to take a decision on a subject, one after another they think and you just listen and choose or reject the ideas which they transmit to your mind through your brain in the form of thoughts. A human being during his/her lifetime is living with many spirits which have joined one by one since birth. All human beings are just unprogrammed robots made of flesh, bones, tissues etc., by birth and toys of the spirits for their games.

Your faith cannot fetch you the Zeus himself but it can get you a spirit representing Zeus. It can guide you and help you in time. But everything is subject to good and bad you did in your life.

• 1 year ago

Faith is not reliable in the sense you can depend on it. It can however have the placebo effect and help in a positive thinking way. The mind set while not completely understood, does appear to have a physical and physiological effect on the body for some.

• 1 year ago

If someone takes the position that faith can be reliable if that faith is in a perfect being, be sure to ask them what their faith that such a being even exists is based in. I kicked myself for not foreseeing that copout when I asked this question before, and they never came back to answer.

• David
      Lv 7
      1 year agoReport

Too bad your email is blocked; they will delete these Comments tomorrow.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.