Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 3 years ago

How to get mom to let me shop at PINK?

She says I can’t go in there and buy stuff! I’m 13 and in 8th grade... it frustrates me because I need bras and undies. She makes me wear granny panties and Justice bras with no padding. I am even willing to buy just Jackets from there! All the girls at my school shop there.

How can I get my mom to understand that it’s not Victoria’s Secret and I’m not looking into getting anything scandalous. I’m 13! I just want to have a place to get stuff. I’m not a little kid! Please no trolls or how I am “wrong”, just help!

Xx

• Marla
    Favorite Answer

If you have an allowance, save money from it and use your own money.

I think you should just tell her that they have cute clothes and you want to buy jackets and sweaters.

If your not paying for it you shouldn’t be pick besides your only 13yrs old your still a child, your gonna grow out of it anyways

If I were your mom, I honestly wouldn't let you shop there either. Not appropriate for 13 year olds regardless of if lot of people you know shop there. Who cares about following the crowd. That's lame. You can get nice clothes elsewhere. There are plenty of places to get clothes that's not granny style. And honestly, if it's undergarments, nobody is going to see it because they're covered up. PINK creates sexy undergarments for grown women to show off to their husbands. It is a store for women. I personally am 25 and I don't and never have shopped there (even though a lot of people I know do) because the store itself seems to be all about the scandalous look. I don't even wanna get a jacket that says pink because i don't wanna advertise a store that I personally as a young and unmarried woman have no place being in.

You can get "stuff" at Walmart, you don't "need" PINK. When you're a little older and get a part time job, you can shop there

First if you have a father figure, try to go to him. I know it could be awkward but if your that desperate it could help. Show him some appropriate items they sell and explain that pink is different from Victoria's secret. Remind him that your growing up and while they arent scandalous, they still make you feel confident. Which is important at your age. If there isnt a father figure, try explaining those things to your mother. It sounds like she either doesnt want to accept your growing up or pink is too expensive so shes just saying no. Remind her that while you respect her opinion, there is nothing scandalous about pink and if she doesnt want to harm you and hers relationship, she will sit down and listen to what you have to say. Worse comes to worse, if you have your own money get a friend to take you and buy it yourself. Its your own money and theres nothing scandalous so there's nothing she can say about it. Sorry your going thru this, hope this helps